Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010


I'm not sure where to start.....the past few days have been an experience like no other in my short 2.5 dog years. It was the day after Christmas and there was all kinds of excitement about this thing called a 'Blizzard' that was coming. Whatever it was, it had folks dashing around picking up supplies & such. It wasn't supposed to hit until Sunday night, but it showed up early and barreled in without excuse, like accountants heading for the Top Pot donuts back at the Amazon.

We couldn't even see out our window for most of the night and we moved my dog bed away from the window once the thunder and lightening started. Monday morning we woke up to a scene like nothing I'd ever seen before. There was snow taller than me just about everywhere, and my normal exit door was blocked by snow that had blown into the building. Even with my sweater and wool jacket it was so cold! The wind still howled and was blowing the snow all around. I was forced to stay outside until all of my business had been completed - torture I tell you!

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur - something about cancelled flights, staying here a few days longer, lots of phone calls, etc. I pretty much stayed out of the way and hoped they wouldn't make me go back outside. We did get in a good fetch session in the hallway - the hotel knows me by name here and gave me this awesome ball with a squeeker. It got even better when dinner arrived and some hamburger and fries made their way into my bowl. Tasty!

We were able to get out and about a little more today, and I hear we're heading to the airport tomorrow. It'll be a quick trip to Seattle, but we're going back to pick up one of my cats before heading out to the Philadelphia. Hope everyone is staying warm!

Wall-e

1 comment:

  1. Poor Wall-e! I am afraid he will have to get used to the snow. Maybe when they get a home his Mom will shovel a path for him to do his business.

    ReplyDelete