Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Me and my BFF - Miss Sabi Kilroy



I'm a little late with this post, but wanted to get a shout out to my (now former) office mate & BFF, Miss Sabi Kilroy. Sabi is a wise old girl who worked part-time here in the Amazon. When she would come to the office, Sabi set the standard for good dogs & was always a picture of grace and calm. 

Sabi has some special skills, most notably the ability to eat and drink from bed while fully laying down. Its something that will take me years of practice, but I'm committed to perfecting it. One of her skills that I will likely never obtain is the ability to entertain myself. Sabi is the only dog I know that didn't have an array of toys surrounding her. This is both impressive and unbelievable, not to mention frustrating for me given my knack for swiping my fellow canine's playthings. 

When I first started sharing an office with Sabi, she would grin at me. It was pretty clear that this wasn't a  'hi, how are you?' type of welcoming grin; it was more of a 'stay on your own side of the office little boy' type of grin. It took some time, and a lot of treats, but I eventually endeared myself to Sabi. Like any good relationship, it was all about compromise - I learned to respect my elders, and she came to tolerate my adolescent outbursts. 

Sabi - I will miss you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment