Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Mayor of Palm Springs


Whew! Here's a shot of me when we finally got off the plane. Ready for some rest & relaxation!

Last week we were in Palm Springs spending Thanksgiving with family. Even though it was sunny and in the 60's, the locals were wearing sweaters and talking about how 'chilly' it was - can you believe it? Seriously, if they lived through the snow storm that hit Seattle just a few days earlier, from my perspective it was a doggone heatwave!  I was running around lovely downtown PS without any additional layers and loving it.

One of the things thats cool about Palm Springs is that everyone is so friendly. I walk up and down the street shopping and saying visiting with folks - you'd think I was the mayor! Here's a picture of me with the real mayor of Palm Springs (back in the day), Sony Bono.


Thanksgiving dinner was super - my favorites were the turkey and the stuffing. The pumpkin pie looked awesome and I did my best to score a piece, but it was not to be. Maybe next time!

Since its so close to LA, you're likely to spot some famous Hollywood-type people hanging out in Palm Springs. One morning hanging out by the coffee shop, we met Brenda Vaccaro. She was super nice and introduced me to her two pugs.

That's all for now. I'm very happy to report that when we got back to Seattle all of the snow had melted. Now if I could just find my sweater - its chilly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment