Friday, January 28, 2011

Snowmageddon


Here I am in downtown "Center City" Philadelphia. According to the news, we got 16 inches of snow Wednesday evening - alls I know is that the snow is now taller than me. Big huge flakes fell for hours, and there was thunder and lightening mixed in too. We woke up Thursday morning and went outside....the normally bustling streets were eerily empty. The lights were even off at the Dunkin' Donuts across the street. Snowmageddon.

We walked around for a bit - it was actually warmer than it had been in awhile. The streets were somewhat plowed, but what was left was super slippery - we had our own private ice rink! We heard an engine around the corner and went to check it out - a guy on an ATV with a snow plow attached to the front plowing the sidewalks. As the day went on, the sun came out and people came outside.

I'm on my own with a dog sitter this weekend while mom heads back to Seattle again. Rumor has it my cats are coming to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment