Friday, January 21, 2011

Jet Settin'


Last weekend was another whirlwind of adventure. We hadn't been able to make it back to Seattle since mid December (Thanks to the 'Blizzard of 2010' - see earlier post), so we hopped a plane back to the Northwest this past weekend for a quick couple of days. The goals were simple, yet significant: pack my toys and say hello to my kitties. 

As this was my first trip to the Philadelphia airport, we got there plenty early to check things out. I was very impressed with their pet area, although the foot of snow made it difficult to give it a thorough run down. Even with the wintery conditions, I can say its my second favorite airport pet area, right below Palm Springs. 

It was also my first flight on US Air. Its seemed ok to me, but I heard my mom say something about wishing we were flying Alaska. I was pretty tired and slept for most of the flight, and when we got off the plane I knew right away we were in Seattle. Rain! I never thought I'd be happy to see rain. And it was warm enough to not wear a sweater or my wool jacket. 

Saturday and Sunday were all about playing with my kitties and staying out of the way of all the commotion. I made sure that my toys made it into the pile of stuff the movers would bring to Philly. It was great to be home, although I wish there had been time to see my buddies at the Amazon. I'm sure they wouldn't believe that my new job is sleeping on the couch, watching ESPN, and hanging out with the dog walker for a bit. 

The flight back on Monday was a bit different.  The gentleman in the seat next to us was actually a pilot! I was able to get this quick picture of the two of us before I got in trouble for being out of my bag. It was a good thing it wasn't his turn to fly the plane, cause he slept the whole flight! 



Back in Philly, its been another relaxing week. I hear we're going sightseeing this weekend, as long as we don't get too much snow. I'm hoping we get to try a Philly Cheese steak before too long!

Stay warm everyone!  Wall-e

No comments:

Post a Comment